Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Birthdays


So here is a question. How long should you buy your friends birthday gifts? I'm not talking about acquaintances that you haven't seen in a couple years, nor am I talking about your best friend in the world - but what do you do for those good friends who you hang out with every couple of months?


Today is my friend's Birthday. She's a whopping 22 years old. I've known her since the early days of junior high and we get along really well, but we don't see each other THAT much. Normally we take each other out for supper on our special day, but we don't live in close proximity anymore. I want to acknowledge it's her birthday, but lets be honest, I'm not going to throw hundreds of dollars into everyone's birthday gift - plus she has a boyfriend to do that for her. So what is considered appropriate under these circumstances?

I settled on a card and a small leather journal.

1 comment:

Raymondo said...

A card is always nice, and so is a phone call for a little chat.