Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A series of unfortunate events

Bad Karma for me today!

So in light of my parent's arrival back in Canada, I decided I'd try and do the nice "daughterly" thing to do and get a few things ready for them. So I decided that I should probably wash the car they let me use for the month seeing as it was FILTHY from all the snow and melting. So I decide to park the car closer to my apartment last night so I can wash it first thing in the morning. Well, this morning I was greeted with a friendly little parking ticket! $50.00 for parking 30cm too close to a cross walk! WTF! I was a little ticked to say the least. However, I don't want to let that ruin my day - so I continue to "Bubbles Car Wash". I've never washed my car there before - but I do know that paying over $17.00 for some guy to drive my car through a 2 minute automatic car wash is ridiculous! Sigh - let it go. Next I'm off to go pick up some muffins and breakfast-type food for tomorrow morning. The girl at the till procedes to overcharge me for my muffins. Now, ordinarily I don't get flustered over a couple bucks - but I had already encountered serious monetary speedbumps that day. I don't know how much the damn muffins cost in the end. So I'm leaving Safeway and I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the window only to notice that one of my diamond earings fell out! (Ok, it wasn't a REAL diamond - but I thought they were cute!). Sigh..... it's over by now - right? NOPE! Next I am off to pay for the suite my parents are staying in tonite. I want to "freshen up the place" a little bit with some homecoming goods so I ask the lady at the front desk where it is. She directed me to THREE wrong rooms, and needless to say... there were a few guys who were wondering why the hell I was trying to get into their suite (sorry:S). By this time I'm too pissed to even get embarassed.

So after incurring over $67+ unexpected charges, a lost earing, and a few confused guys, I am ready for this day to END so I can rid myself of this series of unfortunate events!

No comments: