Tuesday, February 14, 2006

I got burned on Valentine's Day

... and not the way your might be thinking

Alas I was treating myself to a meal which actually involved a stove top for once. It is not surprising, therefore, that I turned on the wrong burner without realizing it and paid the price in the end. Note to all: glass bowls get very hot when placed on an element. Don't pick them up, especially with a bare hand. Luckily, with the wisdom passed on to me from my father, I was able to emerse my hand under the cold water tap just as the blisters were coming through.

Nonetheless, I was able to get out of my 3 hour design night class and now I have three more hours to study for the dreaded midterms. I'm afraid the only date i'll have tonite is with my textbook.

hugs and kisses to y'all

1 comment:

Meg said...

for the record:

dates = totally overrated.

I mean, unless they buy you dinner.

Then,

dates = food you don't have to pay for or make!