Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What Could One Do in 20 Minutes?

Everyone knows that time is relative. When I’m enjoying something… time flies by. Conversely, when I’m waiting for something…time just slugs along. Right now I’m dealing with the latter.

It is the dreaded 4:40pm. Is it worth starting up a new project? No. Can I stretch out the project I just finished? No. Can I just sneak out of the office early without anyone else noticing? Unfortunately, no.

So now I am stuck trying to fill my time in a not-so-obviously not-exactly-working way.

I’ve checked the weather, decided what to make for supper, completed the latest sudoku puzzle and tidied up my office. I would check out my hockey pool standings but I don’t have access to that website at work. I’ve taken out my paper recycling and looked at the meeting schedule for tomorrow.

The minutes are still just inching by.

16 to go...

No comments: