
One year ago, Pappa B and I took a trip to Montreal/Ottawa. We took in some fantastic sights in both cities; The BioDome, St. Catherine's Street, Expo '67 Site; National Art Gallery; War Museum; Canal Tour. The list goes on and on.

One unexpected highlight of the trip was when we were walking along the cobblestone streets in Montreal (Old Port) and came across a line of posters down a back alley. Being a graphic designer, I took particular interest in the artists' styles of rendering and mark-making.

I like to call this guy Jacques.
Some people have such a great knack for sketching or drawing or cartooning. I am not one of these people. Often, people are puzzled with my lack of artistic ability. “Aren’t you a designer?” they ask (upon which I have to explain the difference between being artist and being a designer).
Anyway, I am trying to branch out. I am trying to be more artistic. And if it means ripping out and crumpling up 80% of the pages in my sketchbook in frustration than so be it.
1 comment:
Next to some of the walls in the Museum of Civilization, this wall in Old Montreal has to be one of my favourites too.
Post a Comment