Friday, May 02, 2008

Spring is in the Air...


I can hardly believe we're into the month of May! I really love spring (mostly because it means summer is on its way) and with the new season comes new ambitions. Here is my list of some things I'm eager to do:

- Read, read and read! I was researching some book titles to add to my list at Chapters yesterday and I think half of downtown Calgary was there doing the same. I think I've got some good titles but I'd appreciate any other suggestions anyone may have.

- Add to my design portfolio. I no longer have the excuse that I don't have the means (see previous post) and although I won't get paid, I'll be able to utilize white space to my heart's content.

- Rent some of the classics. I love movies, but there are so many classics I'm embarassed to admit I haven't seen yet. The same goes with books.

- Head out to the Farmer's Market. This may be a little pre-mature, but maybe I'll find a nice flower pot. Which leads me to my next ambition...

- Successfully maintain a flower pot. My track record isn't so great.

- Get outdoors. My bootcamp class is definitely intense and good for my muscles, but it comes with a heafty price-tag. There are lots of outdoor parks and trails yet to be explored.

And so there you have it... my Friday lunch-break spring ambitions list. Better get back to work.

5 comments:

Raymondo said...

Ooooh, nice image! That's a keeper for sure.

Meg said...

Books Laurel Should Read (as composed with little notice from Megan)

-"A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving, because it's sweet and a bit heart-wrenching, from a fantastic storyteller
-"The Other Boelyn Girl" by Philippa Gregory, because it's historical smut of the highest degree, and SO much better than the movie
-"Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card, because duh, it's my favourite
-'The Time Traveller's Wife" by Audrey Niffenger, because it was read in one sitting over a rainy weekend and captivated my soul
-"Fall On Your Knees" by Ann-Marie MacDonald, a heavily lauded Canadian playwright and author, because it's good.

I can also recommend you know, hundreds of others, depending on what you feel like reading.

Also, sorry I haven't called you back. I'm not ignoring you on purpose.

Laurel said...

I actually just bought the "Time Traveller's Wife" this past weekend (maybe 40 pages into it). It is different, but I think I'm going to like it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Diving Diva said...

Beautiful photo! I thought there would be a picture of "the couch".

Meg said...

DID YOU BUY A COUCH?