Well Megan, it seems as if your little game is making it around!
"So here's how this works: The rules: Each player lists 8 random facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 4 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog." Megan Bailey, November 22, 2007.
1) I refuse to use proper APA writing style now that I am out of University (please see above). However, this torments me and I remember the $60 APA style manual sitting in my closet that I vowed never to open and I am tempted to open it.
2) I love the smell of grapefruit dish soap.
3) I can run longer distances now than when I was 17 and danced 26 hours a week. But alas, I can no longer dance 26 hours a week.
4) I can chew 4 pieces of cinnamon rush gum at once, eat a whole lemon, and swallow a spoonful of orange juice concentrate without wincing. However, I can't eat spicy food.
5) I'm extremely particular about certain things being 'arranged' properly. It will drive me up the wall to no end, but I'll continue messing with whatever object it is I am arranging until I'm satisfied. Most people probably don't notice nor do they care when a photo frame is rotated 10 degrees versus 14 degrees, but I do. I'm a visual person which can sometimes be a blessing and sometimes be a curse.
6) Every New Year's Eve I make a resolution to drink more water and every year I remain dehydrated. I guess I'll just keep trying.
7) My favorite color is black, my favorite typeface is Myriad Pro Light 9/12, I like lots of white space and I prefer matte over glossy finish. Yes, I'm one of those people.
8) I've had my dream house planned out to the last detail in my head since I was twelve years old. Instead of playing Barbies or reading novels under my covers when I was supposed to be asleep, I would grab the Sears catalogue and furnish my house, pick out my wardrobe, and choose out the coolest swimming pool for my backyard. Eventually this translated into an obsession with home decorating shows, interior design and architecture magazines, and a love for architectural blueprints.
I tag:
Colleen
Raymondo
Allan
Kelly
4 comments:
I knew about your dream house, but what does "APA" stand for again....?
I just checked on "Word". There is no "Myriad Pro Light"
APA stands for the "American Psychological Association". Other style manuals include MLA Style or Chicago Style - both of which I've had the pleasure of learning in addition to APA style.
As for your issue with Myriad Pro Light...There are literally thousands of typefaces - some better than others. Don't expect too many PC's to have 'designer friendly' typefaces. Generally speaking, Microsoft doesn't like to purchase well-designed typefaces so they create sub-standard knock-offs - hence 'arial'.
I've had some great fights about which manual of writing style to reference: CP Style (Canadian Press) or Globe and Mail Style. Oh, those rascally commas.
Post a Comment